As a student club at York U, we create opportunities for students to grow personally, vocationally and spiritually. As a Christian club at York U, we feel called to show the love of Christ Jesus through all our relationships and activities.
Through drop-in discussions, connect groups and collaboration with other clubs on campus, we provide safe spaces for students to learn from one another in an atmosphere of mutual respect and encouragement. Whether hosting conversations that connect faith to issues of pop culture, global politics or the power of social media, we welcome diverse viewpoints that help shape us to be informed, caring, transforming citizens of the world.
- We seek to develop a community where everyone belongs, regardless of backgrounds and viewpoints.
- We seek to have programs where it is safe to ask ANY question at all – there are no taboo questions! We seek to go further than pat Sunday School cliches.
- We seek to go deeper theologically, think critically, be relevant, and go BEYOND the liberal and evangelical Christian divide, and hence, grow everyone’s ability for discernment.
- We believe that our Christian faith should make a difference in ALL areas of life, not just the “spiritual” area.
- We believe that developing a Christian worldview is important to our call to co-operate with God’s mission of renewing all things – physical, social, emotional, ecological, intellectual and, yes, spiritual.
- We seek, therefore, through these means to develop the leadership potential in all of us, so that everyone leads in some capacity in our vocational lives.